I’m Valentin Knabel, vknabel on GitHub and on Twitter, B.Sc. I am an open-minded team-player from Germany and learnt coding with 14. I maintain several open source projects including the Maintained Swift Development Environment extension for Visual Studio Code.
Currently I work at oput mostly doing iOS and web development. In my free time I do Swift, iOS and supporting the Swift Package Manager ecosystem, especially by improving VS Code’s support for it.
My latest open source projects:
- Maintained Swift Development Environment (SDE) provides Swift autocompletion to VS Code on macOS and Linux.
- SwiftFormat for VS Code: a plugin for SwiftFormat on macOS.
- Archery allows you to declare all your project's metadata and what you can do with it in one single place.
Software Developer, oput
- Development of iOS and watchOS apps
Software Developer, Conclurer
- Development of a highly customizable mobile app based on web technologies
- Implementation of an offline first data abstraction layer
- Responsible for customization and white labeling apps for more than 5 companies
- Digitalization of business processes for customers actively used in production
- Introduced and improved Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines
Remote Freelance iOS Developer, American customer
- Design and development of an media-rich iOS app in Swift
- Offline synchronization of metadata, images and videos
- Automated screenshots and Continuous Deployment
Remote Student iOS-Developer, Freeletics
- First hired developer for the iOS-App written in Objective-C
- Stabilizing and refactoring freshly released App